What are the opportunities for FIICS graduates?
There are endless opportunities for FIICS graduates to create a lucrative income, add a further dimension to an existing career or specialise in one or more key areas of image consulting.
You can create a business or career that has the flexibility, mobility and prospects you desire. You’ll find some of the available opportunities listed below.
Own Personal Image Consulting business
While many consultants will develop their businesses servicing the broader market, others are increasingly finding their niche in a particular market, or service type.
Markets include people in career transition, male and female executives, individuals in the public eye, women returning to the workplace, graduates, organisations and their employees, professional services e.g. lawyers, bridal parties, retailers, and specific age brackets.
Consultants who choose to focus on a specific service frequently establish businesses in personal shopping, retail styling, wardrobing advice, makeovers, etiquette and protocol – to name a few examples.
Expand complementary business or service
Many consultants apply their image expertise in complementary areas, whether within their own businesses or in employed roles.
- Fashion retail – buyer, boutique manager or area/regional manager, visual merchandising
- Photography – photo shoot styling
- Media and PR styling
- Wardrobes, costumes etc in the entertainment industry
- Fashion editorial – columnist/writer/editor, stylist
- Corporate uniform design
- Fashion design e.g. jewellery, clothing, textiles
- Dress making / tailoring / bridal gowns
- Executive coaching – including personal branding, communication skills development